Plumbing and Heating Experts in Hertfordshire and Essex
Professional Boiler Installation
At L.H. Cook Plumbing & Heating Ltd, we have been installing new boilers in Hertfordshire, Essex, and the surrounding areas for more than 40 years. We’re experts in oil and gas boiler installations, and we love to serve customers effectively. Our base in is Ware, Hertfordshire, and from here we strive to offer a great service every time.
Why Choose Us?
- Experts in renewal and replacement of oil, gas, and LPG boilers
- We pride ourselves in doing this work correctly, to the relevant manufacturer’s exact instructions
- Our experience enables us to offer advice on any relevant heating system upgrades
- All heating systems are power flushed as part of our boiler replacement procedure
- If not already installed, we fit a heating system cleaner to aid the longevity of the new boiler
- We offer free surveys and quotes to all customers
- Expert advice is given at all times
- Servicing is available for older installations
A large number of boiler breakdown call outs are due to dirty water and sludge within the boiler system. If dirt and sludge have built up within your central heating system it can have a huge effect on how well your boiler runs and how efficient it is.
What is power flushing?
Power flushing is a method in which one of our engineers visits your home to flush your heating system with a high volume of water. Using our specialised equipment, we’re able to remove scale and deposit build up, and this is usually carried out within a day. All of this depends on the size of the property and the amount of flushing required.
The perks of system cleansing
Power flushing proves to have a number of perks:
- Effective heating system. You no longer have problems with patchy heat distribution in the building. Radiators heat up quicker, giving you the amount of heat that you actually want. You will also notice a much quieter boiler and radiator.
- Lower bills. A central heating system that runs properly is more efficient with heat distribution, thereby lowering your costs for fuel and saving you money with energy bills.
- Reduced carbon footprint. By reducing your energy usage, your efficiently running heating system also reduces your carbon footprint.
- More reliable. You can rest assured that your heating system will be winter ready.
- Prolonged life. If your boilers and radiators are in good shape, you extend the life of the entire system. Our professional engineers will also repair any minor issue they see, dropping the risk of future malfunctions.
Equipment Used and Precautions Taken
To ensure maximum protection to your heating system we use the latest equipment, and this delivers water at high velocity but low pressure. Unlike other companies using lower quality equipment, we cause no damage to the system and deliver a long-lasting result. We have seen companies using portable descaling equipment, and this simply cannot deliver the rate of water necessary for a full flush of your heating system.
Excellent Boiler Services
We guarantee that you’ll experience excellence when you choose L.H. Cook Plumbing & Heating Ltd. As experts in boiler servicing, we ensure that everything is ticking over properly. Working from our base in Ware, Hertfordshire, we work on all types of boiler, and are happy to advice on industrial and commercial models too.
Why do I need to maintain my boiler?
You should have your boiler serviced annually. Not only will this ensure it’s running efficiently and safely for the year ahead, but it will also validate any manufacturer’s warrantees you have on the appliance. Regular maintenance minimises the risk of breakdown and helps lengthen the lifespan of your boiler too.
Servicing your boiler keeps you safe and healthy
Carbon Monoxide is a real danger to anyone with a fuel burning appliance in the home. This toxic gas is odourless, colourless and tasteless, meaning that most don’t even know they are being poisoned. Regularly servicing your boiler ensures it is combusting fuel safely and efficiently, minimizing the risk of carbon monoxide poisoning. And for the elderly, vulnerable or those with young children, ensuring you have a working boiler is a must for the months ahead. While to most of us, the boiler breaking down is an inconvenience, for some, a lack of heating and hot water can have severe health and financial repercussions. It’s not just homeowners who need to take note of boiler maintenance. Landlords are obliged to have a gas safety certificate by law and must ensure their boilers are running safely. An annual boiler service is essential and a relatively inexpensive piece of maintenance to undergo each year.
Servicing your boiler saves you money
Maintaining an appliance will almost certainly save you money in the long run – the cost of regularly maintaining an appliance can be significantly less than the cost of repairing or replacing an appliance which is not serviced and breaks down. When it comes to household appliances, your boiler is one of the more expensive ones to replace and can cause the most upset to everyday life.
Who can service my boiler?
Heating Engineers working on gas boilers should all be Gas Safe registered and for Oil fueled appliances they should be OFTEC registered. Here at LH Cook Plumbing & Heating Limited, we have a number of engineers who are accredited both to the Gas Safe Register and to the OFTEC register. Please see our Accreditations page for more information.